Most homeowners agree that it is more sensible to repair the air conditioning unit when it malfunctions. Repair costs are considerably less than replacement costs, plus it is far less time-consuming to make a repair. Who doesn’t want to get the most money out of their appliance purchases? Sometimes, however, a malfunctioning or broken-down AC unit should not be repaired, but instead, an ac installation auburndale fl replacement should be done. Yes, sometimes it is best to replace the unit rather than repair.
Replace the AC unit when it becomes necessary and you’ll reduce the headache and hassle while keeping more of your hard-earned money in the bank. Why continue feeding money into repair costs when this money is better spent on a new unit that will not require a monthly repair? Pay attention to the signs that AC replacement is the better option and you can never go wrong!
Exactly what are the signs that an AC replacement is the better of the two options?
- Excessive Repairs: Stop wasting all of that money to make a repair on a unit that has seen its better days!
- Age: The life expectancy of your AC unit varies according to the brand, style, and other factors. However, it is logical to say that it is time to replace the unit if it is nearing or over the 10-year mark.
- Increased Energy Bills: Can’t figure out why your energy bills keep increasing when there have been no changes in your household? Perhaps the cause is the AC unit!
- Discomfort: When the home is never cool and comfortable the way that you would like, you need to pick up that phone and call a professional to discuss replacement services. Your AC should always provide you with comfort throughout the home and if it doesn’t, it is time to replace.
- Poor Air Quality: Did you know the air quality in your home can be two-times more polluted than the air outside? That is a staggering fact. But, you can fight poor indoor air quality by replacing the filters in your unit on a regular basis. Furthermore, if you have an older AC unit in the house or one that isn’t HEPA certified, you should update the model.
These signs are some of the most common indications that it is time to replace your air conditioning unit. Do not ignore these signs, hopeful they’ll improve with time. Only with an AC replacement will the relief begin. The cost to purchase a new AC for the home varies, but rest assured you’ll save a nice chunk of change when you aren’t calling the professionals to come out and repair the unit every other week or two. It’s nice to show off that new AC unit as an added bonus. If your AC unit is malfunctioning and you notice the signs above, do not wait to call a professional. An HVAC expert can inspect the unit and help you determine if it is time for a replacement.